Successful performance at this level indicates that a candidate has the personal skill level and leadership ability required to lead a group of paddlers, on short (6 to 8 miles, of at least 3 hours paddling), single or multi-day journeys in a moderate tidal water environment with winds not exceeding Beaufort Force 4. The British Canoeing Sea Kayak Leader has the skills and judgement to select appropriate environments for paddlers with a range of experience.
The British Canoeing Sea Kayak Leader Award is a leadership award and not a coaching award.
Please fill in the booking form with health and contact details below.
Age: 16 years or older
Minimum number of candidates: 2
Maximum number of candidates: 4
- Home Nation BC Sea Kayak Leadership Registration Form (LR) or International Leadership Registration Form. This needs to be completed prior to booking.
- Valid (within 3 years) BC recognised 2 day first aid award.
- Previous experience: provide documented evidence of 24 sea trips (minimum 4 hours duration). During at least 5 of these trips the candidate must assume an assistant leader role. The extensive range of sea kayak journeys should include a variety of coastlines, sea states, sea areas, periods of limited visibility and darkness, tidal waters up to 3 knots, wind up to and including Beaufort Force 5, crossings not exceeding 2 nautical miles, and camping from a kayak. The documentation must bein English, easy to read, and self expanatory. Words or Excel are fine.
- Valid (within 3 years) BC Sea Kayak Leader Training (OR BC 4 Star Sea Kayak Training).
- VHF license
Copies of all these documents must be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of booking.
Note: It is not possible to proceed directly from 4 Star training to assessment, in the same week unless you already have a stamped LR Form for a training less than 3 years from the assessment. Or you have an approved APL process from BC.
Booking and payment: The price for the Assessment is 3000 NOK, that's approx. 280 GBP. As soon as you have booked the Assessment you will recieve the information pack with all details on meeting points and time schedules.
We will have obtained course numbers by the end of February.
Cancelation policy on cadidates part:
- cancelation more than 30 days before course dates will result in a full refund
- cancelation between 30 and 15 days will result in the loss of 50% of the course fee
- cancelation less than 15 days will result in the loss of 100% of the course fee
Cancelation policy on our part:
- cancelation will result in a full refund of course fee
- transport, travel, accomodation and other costs will not be covered
It is recommended that you take out cancelation insurance.
All British Canoeing documents can be downloaded here: https://www.britishcanoeing.org.uk/courses/sea-kayak-leader/
kr 3 000,00Pris