Dette er et obligatorisk sikkehetskurs for de som ønsker å ta BC Sea Kayak Leader Training.
Det er inkludert hvis du tar Sea Kayak Leader Training.
Det er naturligvis også et kurs alle padlere bør ta for å bli mer kompetent i sin padling.
This Coastal Navigation and Tidal Planning course is designed for paddlers carrying out coastal journeys including islands up to 2 nautical miles offshore in areas of tidal movement up to up to 2 knots and winds of up to force 4.
Through a number of practical planning exercises the training provides candidates with the tools to plan and navigate efficiently in moderate sea environment
For the Course Documents, please visit the British Canoeing Awarding Body website.
Learning OutcomesCourse StructureCertification
The aim of this course is to give paddlers the tools to plan and navigate effectively on coastal journeys in moderate sea conditions. This will include the following aspects:
- To interpret sources of information including maps, charts, coastal pilots and tide tables
- To navigate on the water using visual references and simple pilotage techniques e.g. transits, dead reckoning and a compass
- To be able to source, interpret and apply a weather forecast to the marine environment
- By the end of the course each student should have planned at least 2 coastal journeys that they can take home as references for further trip planning
- Students should also be aware of the range of resources they require to plan trips in the coastal environment
- Although not part of the syllabus of the course, students should be made aware of the role of the Coastguard and the value of liaising with them
- For more information on the content covered please read the Syllabus.
British Canoeing Coastal Navigation & Tidal Planning
12-13 februar kl 17:00-21:00
27-28 februar kl 17:00-21:00
30 mai full dag (Padlefestivalen 2020)
22-23 juni kl 17:00-21:00
28-29 oktober kl 17:00-21:00
11-12 november kl 17:00-21:00